Swingamajig 2019 Essential Information
Timings and Tickets
- Gates open early at 13:00, the event starts at 14:00 and ends at 23:00
- Last entry 8pm, if you are arriving later than this please contact us in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you arrive head to the festival entrance, you will see the Swingamajig entrance and follow the signs
- You will need your ticket barcode either printed out of on your phone
- For any ticket enquiries email email@example.com or ring 0844 870 0000.
- We will hold some tickets back for the door and these will be priced at £30.
- Please avoid driving to the festival parking is extremely limited. If you absolutely have to drive please read our info on where best to park. https://swingamajig.co.uk/info/transporttravel/
- If you are coming in a taxi/being dropped off, the easiest place is on Westbourne road just before or after the entrance to the gardens.
- If you are driving do not drive into the Botanical Gardens car park as there are parking cameras and you will get a fine. Disabled blue badge holders may park here but please report to our staff so we can white-list your vehicles.
- If you are going to the afterparty we advise using our fixed price afterparty taxi rank, but please expect queues around 11pm
- If you are ordering a taxi to leave the event please do it from Westbourne Road and not from the Botanical Gardens car park.
- Food is available from when we open to 11pm, with 7 different and delicious street food stalls to sample.
- There is a cloak room by the entrance (where you will also find our main inside toilets)
- We have a merch stand inside selling programs t-shirts, posters and other Swingamajig goodies next to the cabaret stage
- People with the Inner Circle upgrade packs will have tokens, so you don’t have to pick things up until you are absolutely ready.
- We will be running a non-refundable £1 cup deposit scheme. Look after your cup and help us keep the Botanical Gardens clean
- The Botanical Gardens is a beautiful space and we need to keep it looking that way. Anyone found picking flowers, climbing trees or doing anything else that might damage the facilities will be immediately asked to leave.
- No soft drinks, alcohol, food, sound-systems, pets, or illegal substances may be brought to the event (search teams will operate).
- Is taking place at ‘Amusement 13’ – 71 Kent St, Birmingham B5 6RD
- ID is required for everyone. This is a health and safety requirement rather than just proof of age.
- We will not be running the cup scheme at the afterparty so you do not need to bring your cups here.
- The event runs from 10pm until 5am
- Right of entrance is reserved by the club and anyone considered too drunk or suspected to have taken drugs will not be admitted. 18+ only
- The afterparty also has a cloak room which is operated by the venue
- If you don’t have an afterparty ticket already you can buy this in advance from the Swingamajig Box office (next to the cloak room) at the Botanical Gardens for £10 or on the door at Amusement 13 for £20. Get your tickets in advance!
Simply oodles of vintage swing-inspired music, magic, cabaret, dance and more, across 4 venue spaces!!!
The timings will be published the week leading up to the event and we will send these to you in an email so look out for that. Programs will be available from the front desk and from the merch stand.
Stomp Stomp Swing Dance Boot camp
Those of you who are joining us on Saturday 4th May for Stomp Stomp make sure you look out for an email with the details of the classes.
You can find essential info Stomp Stomp here: https://swingamajig.co.uk/dance-workshops/
Swingamajig is full of lovely honest people that hand in lost property when it’s found. If you do find any lost property on site please do hand it into us at event control (same place as medical/lost child point, just next to the Pavilions near the entrance).
Likewise, if you lose anything, event control is the place to check. After the event for all lost property enquiries please email festival@Swingamajig.co.uk
Above all, the Swingamajig journey has been amazing so far… and it’s made by you!
It’s you that make this a show like no other! It’s you we thank! Enjoy!